Overview of PGY 1 Residency Program
Pharmacy specialists are key members of the patient care team specializing in areas such as critical care, drug information, infectious diseases, HIV, transplant, oncology, emergency medicine and many more.
- Ten PGY1 practice resident spots are available. Pharmacy practice residency graduates will:
- Learn to be a confident practitioner with the expertise, professional judgment and values of an experienced clinician.
- Develop problem-solving abilities in a wide variety of practice areas.
- Exert a unique professional influence to obtain higher level goals in the patient's best interest.
- Understand the importance of evidence-based medicine.
- Learn how to critique and apply available literature and design and execute studies to solve relevant pharmacy-related issues.
- Be dedicated to personal education and to the education of others to improve the safety of medication use.
- Serve as a leader in developing pharmacy practice.
- Serve as a preceptor to both IPPE and APPE pharmacy students.