Be Our Partner in Patient Safety
Northwestern is committed to providing you with the best experience possible. Help your healthcare team give you the best care by providing the following information:
- Any allergies or reactions you may have to medicines or foods
- A current list of your prescribed medicines with the name, purpose, dose and when you take them
- A list of any medicines, supplements or diet aids that you buy over the counter such as aspirin, cold medicine, vitamins or herbal supplements
- your health history, including past surgeries
- The names and phone numbers of your physicians, clinics and pharmacies
When you are discharged, we will be happy to provide you with a complimentary form to help you keep track of your medications. Use the list to keep a record of all your medicines, reasons for taking them, correct dosages and drug allergies. Please ask your nurse for this helpful form.
Reducing the Spread of Illness and Infection
Keeping hands clean is an important way of preventing the spread of illness and infection. You can expect your caregivers and other employees to always clean their hands when entering and leaving your room.
Your family and visitors also may notice that we have installed kiosks throughout our hospital facilities and stocked them with masks, sanitizing wipes and tissues for everyone's use to help reduce the spread of viral and bacterial infections.