The Fellowship is organized as an educational work program. Fellows receive a salary with benefits identical to those of other hospital employees in addition to an allowance for moving expenses. Northwestern Memorial Healthcare recruits one-to-two fellows who start during the summer each year. Candidates must either be in the process of completing or have a master's degree in health services or business administration or the equivalent. The most promising applicants demonstrate leadership skills, superior academic performance and relevant work experience related to healthcare. Successful fellows project maturity, professionalism and initiative. They are passionate about their career aspirations. The following information is provided to assist you in completing an application packet. Our selection decisions are made by our senior management team through application review, telephone interview and an on-site day for selected finalists.
- Application Due Date: September 19, 2014
- Phone Interviews: Early/Mid October
- On-site Final Round Interview: Mid/Late October
- Final Selection: Late October/Early November
- Fellowship Start Date: Summer 2015
To apply for a fellowship, please submit the following materials in hard copy in one package:
- Fellowship Application Checklist (pdf)
- A brief statement of career goals and interests and how the Fellowship will help achieve these goals.
- Official transcripts of graduate and undergraduate academic records
- Three (3) letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. Please use the recommendation form (pdf)
- One sealed recommendation form from the graduate program director
- One sealed recommendation form from a present or past employer
- One sealed recommendation form from an academic professor
Materials should be submitted to
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare Administrative Fellowship NM Academy 541 North Fairbanks Court, Suite 950 Chicago, IL 60611
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Northwestern Memorial is an equal opportunity employer whose selection among applicants will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin or sex of the applicant.