Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices
Lake Forest Hospital understands that medical information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting your medical information.
This Privacy Notice tells you about the ways in which we may use and disclose your medical information. It also describes your rights and our obligations regarding the use and disclosure of your medical information.
Read the complete Lake Forest Hospital Privacy Notice (updated September 23, 2013).
The content provided by Lake Forest Hospital on this Web site is strictly for informational and educational purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical care, advice, diagnosis or treatment — and you, the individual, are responsible for seeking consultation from a physician or other qualified health professional regarding any symptoms you are experiencing.
The publisher of this information is not engaged in providing medical or other professional health care services. While all reasonable attempts are made to ensure the accuracy of the information found on this website, neither Lake Forest Hospital nor its contributors make any express or implied representations or warranties about the accuracy of this information.
As an educational service to our website visitors, links to other organizations are provided; Lake Forest Hospital is not responsible for information provided on those websites.
This policy outlines participation criteria for postings and published commentary on any of the Lake Forest Hospital-sponsored social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, Wikipedia, Yelp and YouTube. These hospital-sponsored sites are used exclusively to publicly share Lake Forest Hospital clinical and research advancements, health education programs, business updates, other information or official responses prepared by the hospital’s marketing department.
While we welcome your posted comments on Lake Forest Hospital-sponsored sites, we do reserve the right to immediately remove any contents we deem to be inappropriate. In addition, all content, once posted, becomes the property of Lake Forest Hospital and can be licensed, reproduced, distributed, published, displayed or edited. Derivative work also can be created from such postings or content as well as used for any purpose in any form and on any media.
Terms & Conditions
Before commenting or including content, you agree to not:
- Infringe on the rights of any third-party, including photos, intellectual property, private/confidential collateral or publicity rights
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Lake Forest Hospital in its sole discretion
- Impersonate another person
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Post the same note more than once or “spam”
- Post chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertisements or solicitations of business
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment
Lake Forest Hospital reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that violate these Terms and Conditions
- Edit or delete any communications posted regardless of whether such communications violate these standards
- Ban future posts from people who violate these Terms and Conditions
Finally, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lake Forest Hospital, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material user has posted onLake Forest Hospital-sponsored sites.
By posting a comment or material of any kind on a Lake Forest Hospital-sponsored site, the user hereby agrees to the Terms and Conditions set forth above.