Volunteering Opportunities At Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital
- We will begin accepting applications for our summer student volunteer session on April 15, 2015. We continue to accept adult applications on an on-going basis.
- Application to volunteering is not a guarantee of placement.
Volunteer Services are vital to the Lake Forest Hospital mission of optimizing the quality of healthcare for our patients. Our volunteers provide hospital departments and staff with capable, dependable and trained volunteers who contribute thousands of hours of service annually. Our goal is to offer a compassionate presence to our patients, their families and visitors.
More details on the qualifications and benefits of volunteering are below. To apply, complete our Volunteer Application Form. (Please note: a new window with the application will appear.)
- At least 16 years old (with parental consent)
- Pass criminal background check
- Complete electronic volunteer application
- Participate in personal interview
- Attend hospital orientation for new volunteers
- Discuss TB testing and other relevant inoculations with manager during interview
- Provide immunization records for:
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
- Chicken pox (Varicella)
- Tetanus (Tdap)
- Read and comply with Lake Forest Hospital policies, such as code of conduct, privacy laws and dress code
- Obtain hospital identification badge and uniform
- Complete on-the-job training for assigned volunteer service
We also ask that volunteers not be seeking employment at Lake Forest Hospital.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Personal growth
- Free flu shots
- Increased knowledge of healthcare, hospital programs and services
- Awareness of hospital community education and wellness presentations
- Interaction with community-minded, service-oriented people
- Annual volunteer recognition
- Discounts at Hospital Gift Shop, Patio Grille and Au Bon Pain
We welcome your application at any time of the year.
Student applications are accepted during the following dates:
- Summer: Apply after April 15 for summer volunteer sessions (8 weeks in a row)
- Fall: Apply after August 1 for fall volunteer sessions (12 weeks in a row)
- Winter: Apply after November 1 for winter volunteer sessions (12 weeks in a row)
Apply Online and Contact Us
For more information or if you would like to become a volunteer at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital, call Suzy Schreiner at 847.535.6851 or firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online Volunteer Application Form. (Please note: a new window with the application will appear.)
For information or if you would like to become a volunteer at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, call 312. 926.2070 or complete our online Volunteer Application Form. (Please note: a new window with the application will appear.)
Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital
660 N. Westmoreland Rd.
Lake Forest IL 60045
Northwestern Medicine Grayslake
1475 E. Belvidere Rd.
Grayslake IL 60030